Fluffy scrambled egg topped with delicious fresh crab – great for brunch, lunch or a light supper
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 large or 4 small slices white country-style bread
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 30g (1oz) butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 100g tub white crabmeat
- A little cress, to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Drizzle the olive oil over both sides of the bread. Griddle the slices for a few mins until browned and crisp. Rub one side of each slice with the garlic clove to get as much flavour into the bread as possible.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small pan, add the beaten eggs and cook over a low heat, to scramble them.
- Spoon the eggs on the garlic-flavoured toast, then top with the crabmeat and garnish with cress. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.