A delicious curry toast topper on naan bread
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 32 mins
Total time: 47 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 100g (3½oz) red lentils
- 400ml (14fl oz) cold water
- 1 onion cut into thin wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp tikka masala curry paste
- Yogurt, mango chutney and coriander to serve.
- Naan bread
- Put red lentils into a pan with cold water, cover, bring to boil and simmer for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, cut up onion into thin wedges, fry in olive oil for 10 mins. Add 2-3 tbsp tikka masala curry paste. Cook for a further 2 mins.
- Add lentils, with liquid, and simmer for 5 mins. Season and add lime juice to taste. Spoon on to toast. Top with a dollop of yogurt, mango chutney and coriander.