Turn your potatoes into a ghoulish treat for Halloween with this simple recipe.
Serve with dips and salsa for an easy party idea…
Prep time: 45 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr 40 mins
Total time: 2 hrs 25 mins
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
For the develish salsa and dip:
- 340g can sweetcorn, drained
- 4 tbsp mustard ketchup (we used Tracklements)
- 1/3 cucumber, chopped
- 12 silverskin onions, drained from vinegar
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 5 basil leaves, chopped
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp soured cream
- Set the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7. Put the potatoes into a large roasting tin. Pierce a few times with a knife. Drizzle over 1 tbsp oil and ½ tsp sea salt. Cover with foil and bake for 40 mins, until becoming tender. Remove the sweet potatoes, continue cooking the other potatoes for 15 mins.
- Halve all potatoes and scoop out the centre, leaving a generous border of potato. Cut the sweet potatoes in half again and return them to the roasting tin. Drizzle with the rest of the oil and sea salt. Roast for 45 mins until crisp and golden.
- To make the salsa and dip: Mix together the sweetcorn, mustard ketchup and chopped cucumber and put into a small bowl.
- Stir together the onions, capers, basil leaves, mayonnaise and soured cream, and put into another bowl. Serve with the potato skins.
Nutritional information per portion