This delicious, thick and creamy soup – tender haddock and salmon combined with potato, sweetcorn and celery – is a meal in itself. And it’s super quick and easy to make, too
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 17 mins
Total time: 27 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 litre (1¾ pints) milk
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2tbsp instant thickening granules (eg, McDougalls)
- 2 x 125g (4oz) smoked haddock fillets, skinned
- 2 x 125g (4oz) salmon fillets, skinned
- 300g (10oz) frozen sweetcorn
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add the onion and celery and cook gently for 5 mins until softened. Pour in the milk, add the potato and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 mins. Stir in thickening granules.
- Add the smoked haddock, salmon and sweetcorn. Simmer for 7 mins until the fish is just tender. Season. Sprinkle with parsley before serving, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.