Try this quick and easy recipe of pan-fried tiger prawns infused with an intense smoky paprika and garlic taste
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 2 mins
Total time: 12 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 12 whole, raw tiger prawns
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Salt flakes
- Lemon wedges and mayonnaise, flavoured with garlic, to serve
- Remove the head and the shell from the body of the prawns, leaving the tails intact.
- Mix together the oil, garlic, paprika and salt in a shallow dish, large enough to hold the prawns in a single layer. Add the prawns and coat well. Leave to marinate for about 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, heat a griddle until very hot. Put on as many prawns as you can, cook for about a min, until the prawns curl and the body changes from grey to pink, then turn them over and cook for another min.
- Sprinkle with more paprika and serve hot with lemon wedges and mayonnaise.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.