A simple recipe using the evocative flavour of smoked salmon with tasty oriental seasoning. This easy stir-fry is ready in under 30 mins
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and cut into fine strips
- 1 red onion, peeled, cut into wedges and leaves pulled apart
- 125g (4oz) tenderstem broccoli, stalks halved lengthways
- 100g (3½oz) smoked salmon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 125g (4oz) rice noodles, cooked, for serving
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the ginger and onion and stir-fry for a couple of mins. Add the broccoli stalks and cook for another couple of mins, then add the broccoli heads and 5 tbsp hot water. Let the broccoli heads steam for a few mins.
- Tear the smoked salmon into strips, adding them to the wok as you do it, and cook for about a min. Season with freshly ground black pepper and soy sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve lightly mixed into warm rice noodles.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.