Tortilla wraps are great as you can make different fillings for everyone. Plus, they’re easy to make and really tasty.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level: Bit of effort
Costs:Cheap as chips
For the chicken:
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 level tbsp smoked paprika
For the wraps:
- 6-8 tortilla wraps
- Little Gem or iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Guacamole, salsa and soured cream, to serve
- Mix together the lime zest and juice, olive oil and paprika. Coat the chicken breasts in the mixture then place the chicken in a dish. Cover and leave to marinate overnight.
- Cook the marinated chicken on a grill or hot barbecue for 10-15 mins until it’s cooked through, turning occasionally so that it cooks evenly. Test the chicken by piercing it with a skewer – if the juices still look pink, then cook it for a little longer.
- Wrap the tortillas in a foil parcel and place them on the grilll/barbecue for a few minutes to warm, turning them occasionally.
- Remove the chicken from the grill/barbecue, cut into slices and unwrap the tortillas.
- To assemble the fajitas, place a line of lettuce in the middle of each tortilla and top with some chicken. Spoon on some guacamole and salsa. Fold up the bottom of the tortilla and then fold the sides inwards to encase the filling. Top with a little soured cream and serve immediately.
There are more recipes in this week’s Woman’s Weekly, on sale every Wednesday. Subscribe today to Woman’s Weekly and get 20% off!
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.