You can’t beat a large bowl of warming soup in these winter months. Why not try this healthy, low fat soya bean, spinach and pea soup, swap milk to soya milk to make it dairy free. This soup is quick, easy and cheap to make.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 200g (7oz) frozen soya beans
- 200g (7oz) frozen peas
- 600ml (1 pint) hot vegetable stock
- 5 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 basil leaves
- 1 handful (about 60g/2oz) of fresh baby spinach leaves
- 300ml (½ pint) soya milk or regular milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Several small basil leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Put the frozen beans and peas into a pan. Pour in the vegetable stock and add the spring onions, basil and spinach.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins until the beans and peas are tender.
- Pour half of the soup into a blender and whizz until smooth. Return to the pan with the milk and warm through. Season well and serve garnished with extra basil leaves, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.