Simple and tasty – and ready in just 15 minutes!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 300g (10oz) spaghetti
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 50g can anchovies in oil
- 1tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 2tbsp olive oil, plus some extra
- 125g (4oz) bunch watercress, trimmed and washed
- About 4tbsp freshly grated Parmesan, to serve
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Add the pasta to a pan of boiling, salted water and cook for 8-9 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the garlic, anchovies with the anchovy oil, capers and the olive oil in a large jug and whizz with a stick blender to make a paste.
- Add the watercress and whizz again until it is finely chopped.
- Drain the pasta, adding 4tbsp of the pasta cooking water to the watercress sauce. Put pasta back in the pan, stir in the sauce, then divide between 4 hot bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan and freshly ground black pepper, and drizzle with a little more oil, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.