A quick and easy summery salad bursting with a spicy Mediterranean flavours like chorizo, sun-blush tomatoes and peppers
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 2tsp olive oil
- 125g (4oz) piece chorizo ring, sliced
- 2 shallots, or 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely sliced
- 1 orange, yellow or red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 150ml (¼ pint) white wine
- 410g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 150g (5oz) sun-blush tomatoes, drained, or 8 baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- Handful of fresh parsley or basil leaves
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Heat a frying pan, add the oil and chorizo, and fry for 2-3 mins. Add the shallot or onion, the celery and pepper, and stir-fry for 5 mins.
- Pour in the wine and simmer for 2-3 mins, or until the liquid is reduced by about half.
- Stir in the beans and simmer for a few mins to warm them through.
- Add the tomato and spring onion. Spoon into a serving bowl and top with parsley or torn basil leaves. Serve with bread.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.