This simple dish is packed with flavour, and better still, it’s ready in 15 minutes flat. Mix chicken with chorizo, red peppers and lemon juice to make this Mediterranean-style dish
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time:15 mins
- 4 chicken thighs or 2 chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2tbsps olive oil
- 1 romano red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 60g chorizo piece skinned, sliced into 10
- About 8 sage leaves, chopped
- A few fresh thyme sprigs or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Zest and juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- Crusty bread and salad leaves, to serve
- Slice the chicken into finger-width strips or chunks and season well while a wok or frying pan heats up. Add half the oil and brown the chicken all over for 5 minutes. Push the chicken to one side in the wok.
- Add the rest of the oil, red pepper, garlic, chorizo, sage and thyme, and fry for a few minutes. Add the lemon zest and juice.
- Stir well and heat through for a minute. Serve with bread and salad or green veg, if you like.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.