Try this Spanish-style summer seafood dish of pan-fried prawns with garlic, fresh fennel and cherry tomatoes with sherry and parsley. Perfect for a tapas party!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thinly
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 500g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 5tbsp manzanilla sherry
- 1tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 10-15 large raw prawns, peeled, leaving tail shell on
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large, shallow pan. Add the garlic, fennel and parsley stalks and fry gently for 12-15 mins until tender. Add the cherry tomatoes, sherry and tomato paste. Bring to the boil and then simmer gently for 25 mins, until thickened.
- Push the prawns into the sauce, cook for 2 mins. Turn them and cook for 1-2 mins or until they’re pink all over. Season and sprinkle with parsley leaves for serving. Serve with chunks of bread.
Nutritional information per portion