This simple spare ribs recipe was made as a spooky Halloween treat. Perfect for parties, they work just as well as a meal if your family love ribs.
- 28g vegetable stock pot (we used Knorr) or vegetable stock cube
- 1.2kg pork spare ribs
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 330ml bottle barbecue sauce (we used Reggae Reggae Sauce)
- Pour 2 litres (31⁄2 pints) boiling water into a large pan with the stock pot or stock cube. Add the ribs. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Strain the ribs from the stock and put into a roasting tin with the onion, garlic and barbecue sauce. Stir to coat well in the sauce.
- Roast for 30 minutes until the ribs are brown, then serve.
Nutritional information per portion
fat 16.0g saturates 10.0g calories 243(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.