Try these quick flatbreads, like pitta breads, but using gluten-free flour and buckwheat flour and a mixture of seeds. Grilled to serve straightaway.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 100g (3½oz) gluten-free self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting (we used Doves Farm)
- 100g (3½oz) buckwheat flour (we used Doves Farm)
- 2 level tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 level tsp salt
- 3 tbsp mixed seeds (taken from a tub of Munchy Seeds Omega Sprinkle containing sunflower, pumpkin, hemp, sesame, rape and flax seeds)
- 150ml (¼ pint) natural yogurt
- Cheese, pickles, and lettuce, to serve
- 2 baking sheets, greased and floured
- Heat the grill until really hot. Put the flours into a bowl, add the baking powder, salt and 2 tbsp of the seeds. Stir in the yogurt and just enough water (3-4 tbsp) to make a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces, then shape each piece into an oval about 5mm (¼in) thick and put them on to the baking sheets. Sprinkle with the rest of the seeds.
- Grill them for 3-5 minutes each side, until golden brown and slightly puffed. Serve warm with cheese, pickles and crunchy leaves. The breads are best made and eaten as you need them.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.