Surprise your friends and family with this delicious creation
For the carrot cake you will need:
* ¼ltr (8fl oz) vegetable oil
* 4 eggs
* 400g (14oz) light muscovado sugar
* 300g (10oz) self-raising flour
* 2tsp ground cinnamon
* 1tsp ground mixed spice
* 250g (8oz) carrots, grated
* 60g (2oz) pecans, chopped
* 200g (7oz) canned pineapple chunks, drained
For the topping:
* 30g (1oz) olive oil spread
* 125g (4oz) icing sugar, sieved
* ½tsp vanilla bean paste
* Finely grated zest of 1 orange
* 2tbsp maple syrup
* 18 x 28cm (7 x 11in) tin, lined with baking parchment
1 Heat the oven to 180°C or Gas Mark 4. Pour the oil into a large mixing bowl with the eggs and sugar. Whisk together for a few mins.
2 Sieve in the flour, cinnamon and mixed spice. Add the carrots, pecans and pineapple and fold everything together.
3 Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 50-60 mins, until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool.
4 Stir the olive oil spread together with 30g (1oz) icing sugar and the vanilla bean paste, to make an icing. Spread over top of the cake.
5 Combine the remaining icing sugar with just enough water to make a smooth piping icing. Put into a plastic piping bag, snip off the end and drizzle over the icing. Sprinkle with orange zest and drizzle over the maple syrup.
This recipe was feature in Woman’s Weekly, issue dated 2 February 2016.