This spicy curry, with its delicious Thai flavours, is so easy to make – why not treat the family to it on a Friday night instead of a takeaway?
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 500g (1lb) sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated root ginger
- 8 skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into pieces
- 150g (5oz) sugar-snap peas or green beans
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- About 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh coriander and some fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 large red chilli and 4 spring onions, finely sliced (optional)
- Pour the coconut milk into a large, shallow pan. Add sweet potato cubes and simmer for 5 mins. Add curry paste and ginger, stir well, then add chicken and 150ml (¼ pint) hot water. Simmer for 15 mins.
- Add sugar-snap peas and cook for about 5 mins or until the peas, potato and chicken are tender.
- Season with ketchup, lime zest and juice, fish sauce, and fresh herbs. Garnish with chilli and spring onions, if you wish.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.