Ready in just 20 mins, this wonderful veggie stroganoff will make an easy midweek meal that the whole family will love.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 150g fettuccine or tagliatelle pasta
- 4tsp olive oil
- 4-6 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 2 baby leeks, trimmed and finely sliced
- Knob of butter
- 250g mushrooms (a mixture of cup, chestnut and oyster), sliced or chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4tbsp white wine
- 100ml crème fraîche
- About 1tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water, according to pack directions.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a frying pan, and cook the spring onions and leek for 2 mins. Take out of the pan and set aside in a large bowl.
- Turn up the heat and add the rest of the oil, the butter and mushrooms, and fry for 5 mins until browned. Season well and put in the bowl with the spring onions and leek. Drain pasta and add to vegetables.
- Spoon the wine into the pan, let it bubble, then add the crème fraîche and just heat it through. Add the parsley.
- Divide pasta and vegetables between 2 hot bowls and spoon the sauce over. Serve with a spinach and nut salad, if liked.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.