Cast your net wider and try different fish, other than cod, salmon and tuna, for quick meals. This fast, easy and fresh recipe using scallops teams them with carrot and leeks and a buttery thyme sauce
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 leek, trimmed and cut into strips
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter
- 2 thyme sprigs, plus extra thyme leaves
- 200g (7oz) scallops, seasoned
- Add the carrot strips to a pan of boiling salted water and cook for a min.
- Add the leek and cook another min. Drain well.
- Heat half the butter in a frying pan, add the sprigs of thyme and the scallops and sear for 1-2 mins each side.
- Take them out and add to the hot veg.
- Heat the rest of the butter in the pan with more thyme leaves and spoon over the scallops.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.