Capture the freshness and flavour of spring seasonal veg in this delicious soup. Carrots, leeks, celery and new potatoes are just some of the nutritious ingredients in this low-fat dish
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 1 litre hot vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 100g Chantenay or baby carrots, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- 4 baby leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 250g baby new potatoes, quartered
- 100g fresh or frozen peas
- 3-4 heads baby pak choi or spring greens
- About 12 mint leaves
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large pan. Add the onion, carrots, celery, leeks and garlic. Return to the boil, then add the potatoes. Simmer for 12-15 mins, until just tender.
- Add the peas, then put the pak choi on top, so it’s just below the level of the stock, and simmer for another 5 mins.
- Spoon into warm bowls and garnish with the mint, roughly chopped.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.