Looking for a way to spruce up your sprouts? This simple recipe shows you how. The kids will love them!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 11 mins
Total time:22 mins
- 500g (1lb) Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 250g (8oz) Helda beans or other green beans, trimmed and cut into diamond shapes or thinly sliced
- 30g (1oz) butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the sprouts and some salt. Bring back to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the beans, bring back to the boil and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables well and run them under cold running water to refresh them. Drain well again. Set aside in a bag or bowl until ready to serve.
- Soften the butter and mix in the mint. Keep it in the fridge.
- Just before serving, put the sprouts and beans in a large bowl. Cover and microwave on High for 3-4 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, until piping hot. Tip into a serving dish and top with the mint-flavoured butter and plenty of seasoning.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.