Try something a little different with your Brussels on Christmas day. Roast with butter and chestnuts for an extra festive bite
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 19 mins
Total time: 29 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 1kg (2¼lb) sprouts, trimmed
- 50g (1¾oz) butter
- 200g packet whole chestnuts, vacuum packed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add sprouts. Bring contents of the pan back to the boil. Simmer the sprouts for 10-15 mins, or until they are just tender. Drain them well.
- Melt the butter in the hot pan that the sprouts were cooked in. Add the chestnuts and cook for 1-2 mins, turning them occasionally in the butter, then return the sprouts to the pan and cook for a further 1-2 mins, turning them well to coat them in the butter. Season the sprouts to taste. Keep them warm until ready to serve.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.