Chorizo adds extra spice and flavour to this lovely Christmas dish.
Prep time: 5 – 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1kg (2¼lb) small, even-sized sprouts, outer leaves removed
- 100g (3½oz) chorizo ring, sliced and chopped
- 3tbsp dry sherry (Madeira or Marsala)
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add salt and the sprouts, bring back to the boil and simmer for 5 mins. Drain well, then run them under cold water to refresh them. Drain well again. Set aside until a few minutes before serving.
- Heat a frying pan and fry the chorizo for a minute or two until browned. Add the sherry (Madeira or Marsala) and let it bubble for a few seconds, then add the sprouts and cook for 5 mins, or until softened to your liking, shaking the pan occasionally. Season.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.