Steak with fresh spring vegetables, griddled until tender
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 200ml (7floz) white wine vinegar
- 150g (5oz) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 baby carrots, halved lengthways
- 8-12 spring onions, trimmed
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 steaks
- Warm the vinegar in a pan with the caster sugar, peppercorns and bayleaf. When the sugar dissolves, bring to the boil then take the pan off the heat.
- Toss the carrots and spring onioins in the olive oil and seasoning and griddle until tender, then add the vegetables to the pickling mixture and leave for at least an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the steaks to liking, and serve with the pickled vegetables.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.