Serve these hearty rolls at a picnic or for a filling family lunch. A combination of sirloin steak, horseradish sauce and onion rings will be a hit with all ages
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 6 mins
Total time: 16 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- Crusty rolls (we used M&S ones)
- 275g (9oz) sirloin steak
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tbs horseradish sauce
- 4-5 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into rings
- A few spinach or rocket leaves
- Rub the steak with oil and pepper. Heat a griddle pan and cook the steak for about 3 mins on each side, to keep it med rare. Leave to cool, then slice thinly.
- Mix the mayonnaise and horseradish and spread over the split rolls. Arrange the tomato and red onion on the bottom halves, then the steak, and top with a few spinach or rocket leaves. Put the top on, tie and wrap.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.