Mango chutney is the perfect accompaniment for gammon steaks. Fry it briefly and serve with rice, sweetcorn and peas.
- 4 unsmoked or smoked, free-range dry-cured gammon steaks, each weighing about 200g (7oz)
- 8tbsp mango chutney
- 200g (7oz) basmati rice
- 120g (4oz) each of frozen sweetcorn and peas
- Snip round the rind of the gammon with scissors. Cook in a hot frying pan (no oil needed) for 2 mins on each side, to brown.
- Add the chutney with 4tbsp water and cook for another couple of minutes, turning the gammon to coat it in sauce.
- 3 Serve with cooked rice and vegetables. Spoon pan juices over. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional values are for maximum number of servingsFeature: Kate Moseley. Photos: Simon Pask. Props stylist: Sue Radcliffe
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.