Sticky sausages & sweet chilli dip makes a great picnic treat. Coat sausages in hoisin sauce, honey, spring onions and roast for 25mins. To make the sweet chilli dip, mix together mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce – Easy.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 2 spring onions, chopped, optional
- 400g packet chipolata sausages
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 6 or 200°C. Mix the hoisin sauce, honey and spring onion, if using, in a roasting tin. Add the chipolata sausages and coat them well in the sauce.
- Roast the sausages for 15 mins, turn them and cook for 10 more mins until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix together the mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce and put into a small pot with a lid.
- Transfer the sausages to a container to transport.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.