Healthy yet still full of flavour, this Stilton salad has lots of added crunch thanks to the apple and walnuts. A simple lemon and honey dressing is all your need to complement these strong flavours
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 2 red-skinned apples, cored and chopped
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, shredded
- 100g bag watercress
- 125-150g mature Stilton, crumbled
- 100g bag walnut pieces, roughly chopped if large, and lightly toasted
For the dressing:
- Zested rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 6-8 tbsps walnut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2-3 tbsps fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Stir the apple in the lemon juice for the dressing, to help prevent it discolouring.
- Arrange the Little Gem and watercress leaves over a serving plate. Take the apple out of the lemon juice (but reserve the juice) and scatter over the top of the salad leaves, along with the Stilton and pieces of walnut.
- Add the remaining dressing ingredients to the lemon juice, whisk together and spoon over the salad.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.