When it’s hot weather, keep cool with thirst quenching drinks -some alcholic, some not.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 125g (4oz) caster sugar
- 125g (4oz) strawberries, puréed
- 125ml (4fl oz) lime juice (from 4-6 limes)
- About 125ml (4fl oz) tequila
- Flower, strawberry, optional
- Heat the sugar in 125ml (4fl oz) water in a small pan, stirring to dissolve it.
- Add the strawberry purée and lime juice, straining both through a sieve. Mix well and pour into a small container. Put in the freezer overnight.
- Just before serving, scrape the sorbet with a spoon until slushy. Spoon into glasses and top up with tequila. Serve with a straw and decorate with a flower or strawberry
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.