Sweet roasted peppers packed with a spicy minced lamb, onion and raisin stuffing. Delicious!
Skill level:Easy peasy
For the stuffing:
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 12 green or red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1tsp sugar
- 1tbsp each ground
- Cinnamon and garam masala
- 1tsp turmeric
- 2tbsp each pine nuts and currants or raisins
- 250g (8oz) lean minced lamb
- 4tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Thin lemon wedges, to serve
- 4 Romano peppers, red or multicoloured
- To make the stuffing: Heat the oil in a heavy pan, add the onion and cook gently for 5 mins. Add the garlic and chillies, fry for a min, then add the sugar, spices, pine nuts and currants or raisins, and continue to fry until the onions are golden. Set aside to cool.
- Set the oven to 190°C or gas mark 5. Mix the lamb and coriander into the onion mixture and season well.
- Halve the peppers lengthways, and deseed. Spoon stuffing into the peppers and put them in a deep-ish buttered roasting tin or baking dish, with 4tbsp water. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 40 mins, uncover and bake for another 10 mins, until the peppers are just tender.
- Serve with lemon wedges and rice or bread. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information is for the maximum number of servings
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.