Make these delicious stuffed tomatoes for an easy family dinner. It’s quite a fun recipe to cook with the kids so get them to help you stuff their own
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 6 large beefsteak/slicing tomatoes
- 125g couscous
- 200g packet feta cheese, crumbled
- 2tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Zested rind and juice of ½ lemon
- 2-3tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 6tbsp sliced black olives, drained
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- Set the oven to gas mark 6 or 200°C. Cut the tops off the tomatoes, scoop out the seeds from the centre and discard. If any of the tomatoes roll over rather than standing upright, cut a sliver off the bottom. Place the tomatoes in a small roasting tin.
- Place the couscous in a bowl and pour over 200ml boiling water, stir, then leave for about 5 mins, for the couscous to absorb the water. Stir the remaining ingredients into couscous and mix well. Spoon couscous mixture into the tomato cavities.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the couscous, then bake the tomatoes in centre of the oven for 20-25 mins or until they have started to soften and the filling is hot. Remove from the oven and serve tomatoes immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.