Don’t let your leftovers go to waste. Try this quick and easy Sunday-night supper
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded, and diced, optional
- About 500g (1lb) cold roast or boiled potatoes, sliced
- About 2 cooked carrots, sliced
- 5 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- TO SERVE:
- Roasted red and/or yellow peppers
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and cook for 10 mins, adding the diced chilli, if using, for the last couple of mins.
- Add the potatoes and carrots, and heat through for about 5 mins.
- Set the grill to high. Beat the eggs with seasoning in a large bowl. Spoon in the fried vegetables and stir gently. Tip back into the hot frying pan. Reduce the heat slightly and cook for a few mins, until the egg begins to set.
- Place the pan under the grill and cook until the mixture is just set, about 4-5 mins. Leave for a few mins, then slide the tortilla out on to a board and cut into wedges. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with leftover or freshly roasted or grilled peppers.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.