Smother homemade melba toast with this creamy pate for a tasty treat that’s quick and easy. Serve with raw veggies to give it some crunch.
- 150g pack Boursin with black pepper
- 90g (3oz) Port Salut, or another semihard cheese, at room temperature
- 90g (3oz) OssauIraty cheese, grated (available from supermarkets or a local cheese shop)
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 150g pot fatfree natural yogurt
- Melba toast, to serve, made using 2 slices of sliced bread per person
- Soften the cream cheese in a bowl, then mix in the Port Salut until smooth. Add the grated Ossau-Iraty with the spring onions and parsley.
- Season with black pepper, (cheese is salty enough) and add enough yogurt to make a
- soft pâté. Cover and chill. Take out 10 mins before serving.
- To make Melba toast: Grill 6-8 slices medium-sliced white bread on both sides. Cut crusts off, then cut through the middle of each slice to make two very thin slices. Cut these into triangles, then carefully grill untoasted sides. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information per portion
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.