Looking for a different idea for dinner? Try this Italian oven-baked folded pizza stuffed with tuna, tomato, olives, herbs and mozzarella cheese
Prep time: 48 mins
Cooking time: 52 mins
Total time: 1 hr 40 mins
Skill level: Bit of effort
- 500g (1lb) strong plain white flour
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 7g sachet easy-bake yeast
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 180g can tuna chunks (135g can drained weight) tuna
- 4 pitted olives, sliced, optional
- 125g (4oz) mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 greased baking sheets
- Put the flour, ½ tsp sugar, salt and the yeast into a large free-standing mixer. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and 300ml (½ pint) warm water. Knead with a dough hook for 5 mins, until smooth, or 10 mins, if kneading by hand. Cover and leave to rise in a warm place for 30 mins until doubled in size.
- Set the oven to 220°C/Gas Mark 7.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil, add the onions and fry gently for 10 mins until softened. Stir in the garlic and cook for 2 mins. Add the canned tomatoes, herbs and the rest of the sugar. Simmer for 10 mins then leave to cool.
- Cut the pizza dough in half. Lightly knead until smooth and roll out to 3mm (1⁄8 in) thick. Use an 18cm (7in) plate to stamp out 3 dough rounds. Repeat with the rest of the dough so you have 6 rounds.
- Stir the tuna, olives and mozzarella into the tomato mixture and spoon it to the left of centre of each round. Brush the dough edges with water and fold it over the filling, pressing the edges together firmly and crimping them. Pierce 2 little holes in the top with a knife. Put on the baking sheets, brush with oil. Bake for 20 mins until the bases are firm.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.