Tuna is boneless, low fat, easy to prepare and quick to cook. Four minutes on a griddle pan and a bit of our lovely salsa is all it takes to make this fish extra tasty
Skill level:Easy peasy
- 4 tuna steaks1tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salsa:
- 2 ripe nectarines or peaches
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1tsp olive oil
- New potatoes and salad, to serve
- To make the salsa: Skin the peaches or nectarines, then stone and chop them. Put in a bowl and carefully mix in the onion, chilli and herbs, lime zest and juice, and the oil. Set salsa mixture aside.
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan over a high heat. Brush the steaks with
- oil and season. Put them on the grill (two at a time) and cook for 2 mins each side (on a barbecue, 30 secs might do it for rare steaks). Leave them for 5-10 mins to stand. Serve with the salsa, salad, lime wedges and new potatoes. (Not suitable for freezing).
Nutritional information is for the maximum number of servings
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.