A fast and easy family meal to enjoy over the Christmas period, using leftover turkey and the trimmings.Great for a snack, supper or lunch for 2 people.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp chicken tikka curry paste
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 200g (7oz) cooked turkey, sliced
- 100g (3½oz) basmati rice
- 300ml (1/2 pint) hot chicken stock
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the red onion and fry for about 7 minutes, until softened and browned. Set aside about a third of the onion.
- Add the curry paste, garlic, turkey, rice and stock to the pan. Cover and cook for 25 minutes, until the rice is tender and the liquid absorbed. Sprinkle reserved onion on top.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.