Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr
Total time: 1 hr 10 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 level tablespoon tikka or garam masala curry powder
- 450-500g packet turkey breast steaks, cubed
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cubed
- 1 large courgette, halved and sliced
- 2 level tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cooked basmati rice, to serve
- Tip the can of tomatoes into a large pan and add 300ml (½ pint) water, stock cube and curry powder. Place the pan over a medium heat and bring the mixture to the boil, stirring so the stock cube dissolves, and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the turkey and onion to the pan and bring the contents of the pan back to a simmer. Simmer the mixture gently for about 20-30 minutes, until the onion has softened.
- Add the red pepper and courgette and simmer the curry, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables have softened and the sauce is a coating consistency.
- Stir in most of the chopped coriander and season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the rest of the coriander over the top. Serve the curry with boiled basmati rice.
Can be frozen for up to 3 months. Defrost thoroughly before reheating
Nutritional information per portion