Our cheats upside-down pear brownies are made from ready-made ingredients. To make use tinned pears and a chocolate fudge brownie mix. A great tasty treat that’s so simple to make any day of the week.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs:Cheap as chips
- 410g can pear halves in fruit juice or light syrup
- 520g pack chocolate fudge brownie mix (we used Mary Berry’s)
- 2 large eggs
- 6½ tablespoons sunflower oil
- 28 x 18cm (11 x 7in) traybake tin, lined with baking parchment, or well buttered
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 4 or 180°C. Drain the pears, keeping the juice (hopefully there are 8 halves in the can). Put them cut-side up, evenly spaced out, in the traybake tin.
- Make up the brownie mix according to pack instructions, adding the eggs, 5½ tbsp oil and 100ml (3½fl oz) water. Pour the mixture into the tin over the pears. Bake for 35 mins.
- Make up the fudge icing sachet (in the pack) by adding the rest of the oil and 5 tablespoons pear juice or water. Whisk well.
- Turn the cake out on to a board, slice into 8 squares, around the pears. Drizzle with the sauce for serving.
Nutritional information per portion