A delicious alternative to a beef burger, these are quick and easy to make. Serve in home-made burger buns
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 500g (1lb) minced venison
- About 30g (1oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp each Worcestershire sauce and tomato ketchup
- Salt and ground black pepper
- TO SERVE:
- 6 buns
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and fry the onion and garlic over a medium heat for 2-3 mins.
- Transfer the onion and garlic to a large mixing bowl and add the venison, breadcrumbs, egg, mustard and sauces and plenty of salt and pepper. Stir well with a fork to combine.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and, with wet hands, shape them into burgers.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the burgers over a medium heat for 4-5 mins on each side, or until cooked through.
- To serve, put a burger into each bun and serve with a salsa
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.