Ever wondered how to line a round cake tin with ease? Watch our simple how to video as the Woman’s Weekly cookery editor, Sue McMahon, shows you how.
Total time: 5 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
You will need:
- Non-stick baking parchment
- Sharp scissors
- A pencil
- Your round baking tin
2. Use scissors to cut out the circle just inside the line. Put to one side.
3. For the sides of the tin, lay the tin on its side and wrap the baking parchment around it so it’s fully covered. Then cut off that section of parchment.
4. Fold the paper in half length ways and then almost in half again, so that the height of the paper is just slightly higher than the height of the tin.
5. Make a series of cuts on the folded line, at an angle.
6. Place the side lining into the tin and press down on the cut folds, then place the bottom parchment circle on the base of the tin.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.