- 275g (9oz) plain flour
- Pinch salt
- 175g (6oz) unsalted butter
- 125g (4oz) caster sugar
- 100g packet milk chocolate drops
- 100g packet brazil nuts, chopped
- To make the dough, tip the flour and salt into a bowl, add the butter, cut into pieces, and rub it into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the sugar to the bowl, and continue to work the mixture until it starts to bind together. Add the chocolate drops and nuts and work the mixture to form a dough.
- Roll the dough into a sausage shape about 5-7cm (2-23/4in) diameter, then wrap the roll in a piece of baking parchment and chill the dough well for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Set the oven to moderate Gas Mark 4 or 180°C.
- Cut the dough into slices about 1cm (1/2in) thick and place them on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies in the centre of the oven for about 15-20 minutes, until they are starting to turn light golden in colour. Remove the cookies from the oven and leave them to cool on the tray for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.