Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Skill level:Easy peasy
- 125g (4oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 125g (4oz) caster sugar
- 125g (4oz) self-raising flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- ice-cream scoop, optional
- 12-hole muffin tins, lined with paper cases
- Set the oven to 190°C or Gas 5. Tip the butter into a bowl and beat it until it’s softened.
- Add the sugar, flour, salt, eggs and milk and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Use an ice-cream scoop, or spoon, to divide the mixture between all the paper cases.
- Place both muffin tins in the oven and bake for 15 mins, then swap the position of the tins over and bake for a further 3-7 mins, until both trays of cupcakes are a light golden colour. Remove the tins from the oven. Leave the cakes to cool in the tins for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.