Looking for a way to use up that leftover turkey? Why not try this low-fat turkey curry
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 level tbsp Tikka or garam massala curry powder
- 450-500g packet turkey breast, cubed
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cubed
- 1 large courgette, halved and sliced
- 2 level tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cooked Basmati rice, to serve
- Tip the can of tomatoes into a large saucepan and add 300ml (½ pint) water, stock cube and curry powder. Place the pan over a medium heat and bring the mixture to the boil, stirring so the stock cube dissolves and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the turkey and onion to the pan and bring the contents of the pan back to a simmer. Simmer the mixture gently for about 20-30 mins, until the onion has softened.
- Add the red pepper and courgette to the pan and simmer the curry, uncovered for about 10 mins, until the vegetables have softened and the sauce is a coating consistency.
- Stir in most of the chopped coriander and season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle remaining chopped coriander over the top. Serve the curry accompanied with boiled rice.
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.