This Greek style treat is so easy and quick to make. The smooth soft goat’s cheese is tasty when eaten on it’s own or with salad or rice.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 4 mins
Total time: 19 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 8 vine leaves in brine, or see tip (right)
- 4 x 120g slices of goat’s cheese, with rind on, or see tip
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced, optional
- Handful of fresh oregano leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Put 2 vine leaves, overlapping each other at angles, on a work surface. Place a slice of cheese in the centre, sprinkle with garlic, if using, oregano and pepper. Fold leaves over to make a parcel, enclosing the cheese.
- Brush parcels with oil and put them on the barbecue, or griddle, for about 4 mins. Turn them over and cook them for a few more mins, until they feel squidgy as the cheese melts. Serve straight
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.