This crispy and crunchy cookie is sweetened with sugar, white chocolate and honey. A great biscuit to go with your tea any time of the day
Prep time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 125g (4oz) butter, softened
- 4 tbs runny honey
- 60g (2oz) light muscovado sugar
- 2 med eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 275g (9oz) self-raising flour
- 200g bar white chocolate, chopped
- 12 pecan halves
- 30g (1oz) dried cranberries
- 2 baking trays, lined with baking parchment
- Put the butter, honey, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a food processor and whizz until smooth. Add the flour and half the chocolate and whizz again until the mixture forms a ball.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and chill for 30 mins, or longer, if you like.
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 4 or 180°C. Divide the dough into 12 and, with floured hands, roll each piece into a ball. Arrange them on the trays well-spaced apart. Flatten each one with the heel of your hand, then press a pecan half and some cranberries on top and sprinkle with the rest of the chocolate.
- Bake for 15 mins until just firm. Leave on the tray for 5 mins, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool for a few minutes before eating them warm. Or let them cool completely and
Nutritional information per portion
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.