Start stitching in time for the festive season with our cross stitch Christmas tree card complete with sparkly star and shimmering beads
Making a Christmas tree cross stitch is so simple with our easy-to-follow chart. Just stitch the stars, Christmas tree branches and little tree pot before adding a selection of beads in any pattern you like to make the seasonal design your own!
- 14 count aida measuring 15x15cm
- Card blank measuring 15x15cm
- Gold, green and red embroidery thread
- Embroidery hoop
- Seed beads in red, gold, purple and green
- Double sided sticky tape
- White card
- Size 24 cross stitch needle
- Craft knife or scissors
Instructions to make the Christmas tree cross stitch
- Place the aida in the embroidery hoop and, using the cross stitch chart as a guide, stitch the star on top of the tree in gold, the Christmas tree in green and the pot in red with the needle and embroidery thread.
Follow our video guide to cross stitching if you need a little reminder.
- Stitch a line of back stitches in gold thread across the red pot.
- Take a selection of the beads and using green thread, randomly sew the beads to the bottom cross stitches of the Christmas tree branches.
Instructions to make the Christmas tree card
- Prepare the card blank by using a pencil and ruler to draw a rectangle and then cutting a window into the front with the craft knife or scissors.
- Cut out a rectangle from the white card, 2cm bigger on every side of the card blank cut out.
- Using double sided sticky tape, tape around the cut out window on the back of the card blank. Take the Christmas tree cross stitch and lay it flat on the sticky tape.
- Stick some more tape on top of the edges of the aida and then stick the white card rectangle over the top.
- Now fill your Christmas tree card with some festive wishes and pop it in the post in time for the Yuletide celebrations! Or keep it for yourself and display it on your mantelpiece for the season.